Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Of bento boxes and milk shakes...

You know, sometimes I can't help myself from thinking, am I doing the right thing by choosing this path? I mean after almost 3 years, I still don't know what I actually want to do in this field. It is not that I hate what I am doing now, it is just that I can't help from thinking what I actually want to do. I had my sushi time with  my friends a few days ago after announcing to the world of how I desperately need to eat sushi on Facebook because sometimes, we have to use social network to get what we want. heh.
After eating sushi we talked about what we actually want to do at a errr..milkshake bar (?)( Irish kids go there to hang out and talk about silly things while having milkshake but we decided to talk about... life?). Anyway, we were talking about where to work after we graduate whether in Malaysia or overseas, how much we have to pay to our sponsor, jobs in Malaysia and yada..yada..yada..and I asked them,

"Guys, if it wasn't medicine, what do you think you would do?"
"It wasn't my first choice pun. I mean it's not that I totally hate it but I always want to be an architect." 
(She can draw so well! Mashaallah. She is so talented)
"I want to work in TV lines and produce good animation or comics."
I told my housemate who is already a doctor about this and she said at this stage it is kind of normal to wonder what we actually want to do. She used to have this kind of thought before and almost gave up but she remembered how much she has to pay to her sponsor if she quite. -.-' She's a good doctor, anyway.
So, I'm not alone. Everyone has a second thought about their decision. Like I said, it has been 3 years and I don't know what I really want to achieve. All I know I want to help people and Allah loves that. It's cliche. I know that but, for now that's all I have. Every time I have to strain my eyes to study about those bacteria with fancy-tongue twisted names and feel like giving up, I will try to remember those poor kids who could be infected with these bacteria. So, if people want to say my reason is boring, cliche, lame or too 'mainstream' , all I can say, I'm sorry. I don't have any other fancy reasons for now.  At least, this is the reason that keep me going for 3 years, Alhamdulillah. I know it's getting harder and busier. I just hope I won't give up one day and forget those poor kids.


In case you are wondering about the bento box.



May Allah ease our journey. 






 And oh, if people ask me what I want to do other than medicine, I would say journalism. haha berangan je.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

floral cardigan!! i love that.