Tuesday, March 19, 2013

One single lady in Netherlands. #1

I rewrite what I wrote in my journal during my solo visit to Amsterdam. Mostly, i wrote at night in my hotel room.


Day 1 :

Travel light and alone this time. I arrived at  Endhoven Airport around 4:30 p.m local time. I didn't know that it is one hour faster here. I was scheduled to take a coach to Amsterdam at 5.00 p.m ( local time). To make it short, I almost missed the coach but managed to hop on anyway. I was sitting alone in the coach since everyone else, I mean other passengers, with their partners of friends. Uneasy feeling of homesickness suddenly came. Along the 1 hour and 45 minutes journey to Amsterdam, I was holding my tears back. Being alone in Dublin is already...well, depressing and now in Amsterdam? At least Dublin is my second home, I would say but Amsterdam is just another foreign city for me. I can do this. I can do this. I need to step out from my comfort zone and be really independent and this is just a start.
Anyway, around 6:45 p.m, I finally arrived Amsterdam. The coach stopped right in front of Central Station. A stunning orange-brick-old building. This is their train station??? That was the first question that crossed to my mind when I saw it and the second question was, where is my hotel?

It is really big but I didn't take the picture of the whole building. 

The direction that they (the hotel)  gave me ; "From the Central Station, turn left and walk towards the big church and then turn left until you find us. "  I then walked towards the big church and turn left. I kept walking and the next thing I knew I was in front of a sex toy shop. It's not funny,ok!
It was getting dark and I stood right in front of a sex toy shop with a few 'stoners' around. Creepy! So, yeah the first place I visited in Amsterdam was Red Light District and it was not even in my place-to-visit list,you know!  OMG! I was so lost then I walked back to the big church and took a cab. The cab driver laughed at me because the hotel was so near and I only paid him 1 euro.heh. I told the receptionist the direction they gave me was confusing. 

"From the big church, you turned left."
"I did."
"No,no,no. When you turned left, were you facing the church or the central station?"
"Err..owh..oookkkaay."
"Seeeeeee."

Fine, my fault. Luckily the hotel is sooooooooooo near to central station. 

Night view from hotel room. It is a very nice,comfy hotel. 

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to travel alone to Amsterdam. For a single room with en suite bathroom, I only paid 99 euro for 3 nights. This is the cheapest single room that I could find in Amsterdam and the location is very strategic. 4 minutes walk to central station and it is a safe area. No worries. You won't see any stoners or sex toys shops here.heh, Night, journal. I'm going to sleep now.






I shall continue for Day 2 tomorrow morning because I'm so freaking tired now. Ye, awak, you can read it tomorrow,ok?





4 comments:

Aunty Za said...

were you traveling alone,dear? take care sayang.

anak ayam said...

jalan laaa sorangg..
jalan sorang, mencabar minda..
jeng jegejeng jegejeng jeng jeng.

NA said...

anak ayam, you are so annoying!

anak ayam said...

you are so annoying..
you are so, sooo anoyyinggg...
jeng jegejeng jegejeng jeng jeng.